VMware Mirage provides next-generation desktop image management for physical desktops across distributed environments.
What Mirage Does
- Dynamic Layering for Endpoint and Application ManagementManage PCs or POS (point of service) devices as a set of logical layers owned by either IT or the end-user. Update IT-managed layers while maintaining end-user files and personalization. Easily deploy applications or VMware ThinApp packages to any collection of end users with Mirage application layering technology.
- Automated Backup and Full System RecoveryStore full desktop snapshots in the data center with continual synchronization of IT or end-user initiated changes. Recover partial or full desktops when needed with centrally stored desktop images and periodic endpoint snapshots. Allow self-service file recovery for end users and follow-me access to files across devices for enhanced productivity.
- Simplified Windows 7, 8.1, and POS MigrationsAccelerate the most common approaches to Windows PC and POS migrations. Migrate an existing Windows XP desktop to Windows 7, or migrate an existing Windows 7 desktop to Windows 8.1. Migrate old versions of Windows Embedded POS to POSReady 2009 or POSReady 7. Or migrate an end user's profile and files to a new Windows machine or terminal.
- Designed for Distributed EnvironmentsMirage Branch Reflectors allow IT to download any updates once from the Mirage server and allows peer-to-peer updates from the Branch Reflectors to other Mirage clients in the branch office. Manage devices at scale with minimal infrastructure and controlled bandwidth.
- Easy Extension of PC Lifecycle Management (PCLM) ToolsComplement existing PCLM tools with dynamic layering, backup and recovery, and rollback options to minimize helpdesk support. Extend existing PCLM tools by supporting mass OS deployments with just a few clicks. Use API extensibility and reporting framework to help manage devices more efficiently.